Thursday, December 19, 2013

2013 in Review: Toby Morris


What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2013?
 
Don't Puke On Your Dad coming out in September was good- first time I've had someone else putting out my work so that's been a whole new experience. 

And I didn't expect things would go down this path this year but I've ended up with a gig doing New Yorker style one panel gag cartoons for the Listener. I never thought that's where I'd go, but it's been a new thing learn and I've been enjoying it.


What are some of the comics you've enjoyed in 2013?
I've just been making my way through Adrian Kinniard's mega collection From Earth's End, a lot of old favourites but also bits I've never seen, that's great. I liked American Captain, Tim Danko's Once made me feel weird, and Mat Tait's Flying Dutchman book was cool. 

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2013?  

Special sauce black chilli prawns from Canton Cafe in Kingsland is my thing of 2013. And my second son Iggy being born, that was cool. I got married too, that was fun. But those prawns, man, seriously.
 
What are you looking forward to in 2014?

I don't know what the next book is right now, so that's exciting. Lots of half formed ideas, gonna be fun to see where they go. Looking forward to getting some sleep as the new baby settles in a bit.


No comments: